Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Sep 14th, 2020 04:42 pm
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
boojum
boojum

Mana: 
Ok, so this is the first pass at a Butter Pecan recipe. The flavor things are according to a recipe I found, but I don't think there is enough sugar.. but since ShadowCat-X is the fan and not me I'll let her taste it and tell me.

Also, I've become a fan of the custard method of making ice cream. It makes it much creamier. For this pass I am using 5 eggs... but these are eggs from our backyard chickens so not XXX eggs.

Butter Pecan ice cream, first attempt:

Ingredients:
4 TB Butter
1 cup Pecans (broken)
1 tsp salt
1 cup whole milk
5 eggs (backyard chicken eggs)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
Pinch of salt
2 cups heavy cream
1 TB Vanilla extract

1. Butter Pecans - Melt 4TB butter in pan, add 1 cup pecans and 1 tsp salt. Cook on medium low heat until Pecans are toasted, stirring frequently (about 6-8 minutes). Remove from heat, strain, and reserve pecans in a bowl in the fridge to chill.

2. In mixing bowl, beat Sugar and Eggs together. Add milk and pinch of salt then mix until combined. Put in sauce pan and bring to simmer at 160f while stirring constantly (to kill salmonella). Cover and put in fridge to chill. This is your custard base.

3. Combine chilled Custard base with 2 cups heavy cream and Vanilla. Put mix in ice cream maker for 20 minutes. Add butter pecans and churn for another 5 minutes.

4. Place soft serve ice cream into freezer containers and freeze for at least 4 hours.

Posted: Fri Oct 23rd, 2020 01:02 am
  PMQuoteReply
2nd Post
boojum
boojum

Mana: 
Ok, so now we have invented Bacon Pecan Ice Cream. Instead of toasting the pecans in 4TB of butter, I toast them in 2TB of Bacon Fat.

Current time is 08:13 am

The Warren > Reviews > Recipes > Home Made Butter Pecan Ice Cream Recipe

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.0854 seconds (17% database + 83% PHP). 27 queries executed.