So I got a Bravette Steak in my last ButcherBox. Now that ShadowCat-X is away on her vacation, I decided to cook up some of the meat I have in the freezer and see what I can do with it.. using recipes that I know she won't like. :D
Bravette Steak in Peppercorn Sauce
12oz Bravette Steak
Heavy grind of Salt
Heavy grind of Pepper
Heavy grind of Garlic
1. Apply Salt, pepper and garlic to outside of steak and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
2. Preheat Oven to 400 degrees
3. Heat iron skillet with dab of butter to 350 degrees.
4. Sear each side of steak in skillet for 2 minutes per side.
5. Move Steak into oven and finish when the internal temp reads 132 (will increase slightly while resting)
6. Allow to rest for a few minutes, then slice against the grain and place on plate.
1/2 cup Beef Broth (I used better than bullion beef)
1/2 cup Heavy Cream
1/4 cup Kentucky Burbon
1 TB crushed Peppercorns
1 tsp salt
Directions (I began sauce as frying pan was heating, and it completed while meat was resting)
1. Beef Broth, Burbon, and peppercorns go into a sauce pot, brought to a simmer. Simmer for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Heavy Cream and Salt go into pot, bring back up to simmer and simmer for 10 minutes while stirring frequently (almost constantly) Sauce will thicken.
3. Spoon Peppercorn sauce over sliced Bravette steak and serve.. MMMMmmmm...