Posted: Tue May 13th, 2008 12:40 pm
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
boojum
boojum

Mana: 

Address: 801 Bridgeway, Sausalito, Ca

Phone: 1-800-288-0502

ShadowCat-X brought me here for our aniversery.  :)

Casa Madrone is a Spa/hotel in Sausalito, California.    Right near the bay, as in withing a few hundred feet of the bay, the hotel climbs up the hillside for truly breathtaking views.   It has a limited number of small cabins that make for a breathtaking experience.   Because of the hill, you do not see the other cabins and have an unobstructed view of the bay.

Each cabin has a queen sized bed, a small fireplace (with duraflame log provided), a bathroom with a huge shower, a porch with a pair of chairs on which you can sit and watch the bay, and a TV..  which we never even turned on.

At night, you can lay in bed and watch the lights of the boats moving through the bay, and see the lights of the far shore.   In the morning, the fog comes in, covering the bay in an ocean of white.

Attached to the hotel/spa is Poggio, an italian restraunt.   The food is both wonderfull and eclectic.    For our meat course we had Pheasant, duck, chicken, goat, and rabbit.   The Chef came by with a cart and sliced the meats himself, explaining the different rubs and marinades that were used.  By the end of the meal I was so stuffed..  and I couldn't finish everything.  Next time I order a half order of the pasta.

Now a short walk (and even shorter bike ride) from the hotel is the ferry for San Francisco.   It costs $18 for a round trip and is well worth the money..  since parking in San Francisco runs about $19.   We took the ferry over and bicycled through San Francisco on Sunday.

All in all, its a wonderfull place.   However there is one drawback.  It ran to almost $500/night for the cottage.   Well worth the money for the occasional stay.

Attached to this post is a picture of the bay through the top of the dutch door that leads out onto the porch.   I took the picture using my iPhone while standing in the room itself.

Attachment: BayPicture.jpg (Downloaded 21 times)

Current time is 08:41 pm

The Warren > Reviews > Places to Visit > Casa Madrone - Sausalito - California

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.0764 seconds (23% database + 77% PHP). 27 queries executed.