4 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon oil
2 onions diced
4 cloves garlic minced
1 1/2 pounds (750 g) fresh brown mushrooms sliced
3/4 teaspoon dried Thyme
6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 cups low sodium chicken broth or stock (better than bullion)
1-2 teaspoons salt adjust to taste
1/2-1 teaspoons black cracked pepper adjust to taste
1 cup heavy cream or half and half (sub with evaporated milk)
1. Heat butter and oil in a large pot over medium-high heat until melted. Sauté onion for 2 to 3 minutes until softened. Cook garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute.
2. Add mushrooms and 2 teaspoons thyme, cook for 5 minutes. Pour in wine and allow to cook for 3 minutes.
3. Sprinkle mushrooms with flour, mix well and cook for 2 minutes. Add stock, mix again and bring to a boil. 4Reduce heat to low-medium heat, season with salt, pepper
4. Cover and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes, while occasionally stirring, until thickened.
5. Reduce heat to low, stir in cream or half and half. Allow to gently simmer (do not boil). Adjust salt and pepper to your taste.