The Warren Home 
The Warren > Reviews > Recipes > Spicy Beefy Noodley Cheesey casserole... y

Moderated by: Vargr, shadowcat-x, boojum  
AuthorPost
boojum
boojum

Mana: 
In a book I've been reading, they talk about a spicy beefalo and noodle recipe. I have no idea what was in it, but beef and noodle sounded interesting. So here is my take.

So I did all this in one pot. My faithfull big pot. This let me cook my pasta, do my veggies and meat, add in my cheeses and milks.. and then put the entire pot into the oven!

Spicy Beef Noodle
1 box of Rotini (uncooked)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoons dried thyme
1 jalepeno pepper (minced not seeded)
1 1/2 teaspoons smoked hungarian paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 cup diced onion (finely)
1 pound ground beef
2 tablespoons flour
2 cans diced tomatoes with mild green chilis
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 ounces smoked gouda
2 ounces habanero jack
2 ounces jalapeno jack
salt
Grind of pepper

1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Be sure to salt water before cooking.
2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, sauté the garlic, thyme, Jalapeno pepper, smoked paprika for about 1 minute in 2 tablespoons butter.
3. Then add onions and continue cooking for about a minute more.
4. Add beef salt and pepper. Cook, stirring until the meat is no longer pink or red.
5. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons flour over the beef mixture and cook for a minute or two.
6. Add in the tomatoes and continue to cook for about 2-3 minutes. Throw in pasta and milk. Cook for another 1 or two until the ingredients have been fully incorporated. Adjust seasonings salt pepper
7. Stir in more than half of the cheese (leave the rest to sprinkle on top)
8 Sprinkle remaining on top
9 Bake, uncovered, at 350° F for about 20 -30 minutes or until casserole is heated through. And top is slightly brown.
10. Remove then let it rest for a few minutes and serve when it is still piping hot.

boojum
boojum

Mana: 
Whoops, I almost forgot. I'm going to stir in a handful of fresh chopped basil in at the end of the cooking, after it's out of the oven. The heat should cause the basil to completely wilt while leaving all that flavor.

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.0763 seconds (19% database + 81% PHP). 27 queries executed.