|Moderated by: Vargr, shadowcat-x, boojum|
|14oz unsweetenned Chcolate (I used Ghiradelli, it says to use the expensive sort with cocoa butter)
1 1/2 cups Butter
1/2 cup water
2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cup brown sugar packed (I used Sugar in the raw)
2 tsp Vanilla
2 2/3 cups All Purpose Flour
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 13x9x2 inch baking pan. Set Aside
2. In a large saucepan, combine chocolate, butter and water. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
3. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar to the chocolate mixture; beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed until combined. Add eggs and vanilla; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add flour, salt, ; beat on low speed until combined. Spread rthe batter in the prepared baking dish.
4. Bake about 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in a pan on a wire rack about 30 minutes or until brownies hold a cut edge. Cut into bars.
Buttercream Chocolate Frosting:
1 cup Butter, softened
4 cups powdered sugar (one pound)
3/4 cup Cocoa Powder
3 teaspoons vanilla
1-2 tablespoons of milk.
1. Combine the powdered sugar and cocoa powder in mixing bowl. Mix on low until combined.
2. Add 2 sticks (1 cup) softened butter and 3 teaspoons vanilla, mix until thoroughly combined
3. Add milk 1tb at a time until the correct consistency is reached.