Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Dec 11th, 2011 05:35 pm
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
boojum
boojum

Mana: 
     Ok..  I just finished making brownies..  well..   they are still in the oven cooking, but if the brownies taste like the batter it's going to be a winner!  This recipe comes from the Better Homes and Garden One-Pan recipes magazine.    From back in the desserts sections.   I know ShadowCat-X loves brownies and am bribing her with these!  *giggle*

Ingredients:

14oz unsweetenned Chcolate (I used Ghiradelli, it says to use the expensive sort with cocoa butter)
1 1/2 cups Butter
1/2 cup water
2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cup brown sugar packed (I used Sugar in the raw)
4 eggs
2 tsp Vanilla
2 2/3 cups All Purpose Flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Steps:

1.  Preheat oven to 350F.  Lightly grease a 13x9x2 inch baking pan.   Set Aside

2.  In a large saucepan, combine chocolate, butter and water.   Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted.  Transfer to a large mixing bowl.

3.  Add granulated sugar and brown sugar to the chocolate mixture; beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed until combined.   Add eggs and vanilla; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.  Add flour, salt, and cinnamon; beat on low speed until combined.   Spread rthe batter in the prepared baking dish.

4.  Bake about 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.  Cool in a pan on a wire rack about 30 minutes or until brownies hold a cut edge.  Cut into bars.

Posted: Sun Dec 11th, 2011 11:11 pm
  PMQuoteReply
2nd Post
gilrandir
Gilrandir

Mana: 
So, can we get a schedule of equivalencies? E.g., what will Shadowcat-X do for one of these brownies? What will she do for a dozen of these brownies, etc. etc.? ^_^ (If I need to bribe her at some future point, I don't want to over-pay.)

Current time is 12:25 pm

The Warren > Reviews > Recipes > Home Made Dark Chocolate Brownies from scratch

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.0776 seconds (18% database + 82% PHP). 28 queries executed.