View single post by Vargr
 Posted: Wed Oct 23rd, 2013 11:33 pm
PMQuoteReplyFull Topic
Vargr

Mana: 
Melchar wrote:         <<This is sounding incredibly toothsome!  I am so very glad Trey & I are invited!!  This will be a superb feast!!!>>
I'm really, REALLY looking forward to this too! So happy you and Trey can attend!

If you have a special traditional dish you'd like to add to the list, please let us know! I know many folks have foods that sorta "have to" be at the feast, or it seems something is lacking.  For example, I always make a side of black eyed peas at New Years, to honor mom's "good luck" addition to our menu.

Also, the menu at the start gives most, but not all the details. For example, though there's a baby greens salad listed, it doesn't say that we'll also be making a "naked greens" salad for Trey and folks who want theirs "unadorned". Nor that the "baby greens" will include mandarin orange slices to pair with the glaze for the turkey, and some warmed sweetened nuts (glazes walnuts, perhaps) for a bit of crunch and "specialness".  And, as you can see from the recipe itself, we're considering making the corn "2 ways" so the "creamed" and "not-creamed" fans can each get their favorite. *grins*