Boojum looks mournfully at the empty pot of creamy chicken and rice soup he made today... all gone.. he ate it all... "It was sooo goood...."
2 cups chopped roasted chicken (thigh meat from chicken I roasted)
30 ounces chicken soup stock (better than bullion in my case)
1/3 cup uncooked rice
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 cup chopped onion
Bit of butter
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
5 ounces milk
3 TB flour
1. Melt butter in pot, add onion and saute until starting to soften
2. add garlic and stir for 1 minute
3. Add Chicken Stock, Dried Basil, Salt, and Pepper. bring to simmer.
4. Add uncooked rice, bring back up to boil and stir, reduce to simmer and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Mix Flour into cold milk, stir until smooth. Bring soup to boil and slowly stir in milk/flour mixture. Stir until thickend.
6. Stir in chopped chicken, allow to come up to heat... and then you are done! EAT!