Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri May 1st, 2020 11:46 am
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
boojum
boojum

Mana: 
So the first post here is a base recipe I found online, except I couldn't get Hatch Green Chilis. I could only get Anaheim Green Chilis, which are milder than hatch. So I am adding in 2 Jalapeno Peppers to the recipe to make up for it.

Ingredients
12 large mild green chiles (Hatch would have been best, but only getting Anaheim, so adding 2 jalapeno)
2 Jalapeno
1 large onion
2 tablespoons Bacon Grease (or other fat)
1 1/2 teaspoons fine sea salt (plus more to taste; if you’re using commercial broth, reduce this amount to about 1/2 teaspoon)
2 pounds pork butt (or shoulder, trimmed of excess fat and cut into bite-size pieces)
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup beer (or broth or water)
2 cups broth (or water)

Directions:

1. Roast Chilis on the burner or grill, then put in covered bowl to steam and cool for at least 15 minutes.

2. Scrape peels off of Chili's, remove seeds, then rough chop.

3. Peel and thinly slice onion.

4. Heat Bacon Fat in heavy pot. Add onions, chilis and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft (about 3 minutes)

5. Move veggies into a bowl, leaving as much fat in pot as you can.

6. Brown pork in single layers in pot, removing meat after brown.

7. Sprinkle flour over fat that is left in the pot. Stir until flour smells cooked, about 3 minutes.

8. Add one cup of Beer, Broth or Water to the pot. Stir and scrape brown bits off of side and stir. It will thicken quickly.

9. Add 2 more cups of broth or water to pot, return all meat and veggies to pot. Liquid should cover meat and veggies (if it doesn't, add more until it does).

10. Bring pot to a boil, then reduce to simmer. Simmer for 1 hour (you can also cover the pot and put it in the oven at 350 for 1 hour.)

11. Remove lid and simmer, stirring occasionally, until desired thickness/reduction occors.

And serve over whatever you want. I like it over rice.

Posted: Fri May 1st, 2020 08:13 pm
  PMQuoteReply
2nd Post
Melchar
Administrator

Mana: 
       Except for the chilis, it looks good [chilis & bell peppers do not like me]

Current time is 07:05 am

The Warren > Reviews > Recipes > Pork Green Chili

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.0728 seconds (20% database + 80% PHP). 27 queries executed.