|Moderated by: Vargr, shadowcat-x, boojum|
| ShadowCat-X says I have too much flour and sugar to fit in our canisters, so I have to use it up!
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
4 large eggs
3 cups Cake Flour
1 cup Milk
1. Place rack in center of the oven. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Lightly Grease two 9" round cake pans
3. Beat together butter, sugar, baking powder, salt, and vanilla until pale and fluffy (3 minutes on medium high speed)
4. Add eggs two at a time until fully combined and batter has thickened
5. Stir in half the flour, then all the milk, then the rest of the flower. Mix until combined.
6. Divide the better evenly between the prepared pans, spreading it level.
7. Bake until golden brown, 36 to 42 minutes. The center of the cake should feel firm when gently pressed and a toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean or with just a few moist crumbs.
8. Remove the cake from the oven, allow to took completely, then loosen edges and remove from the pan.
There is a Chai Spice Cake that I am also thinking of trying. 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon ginger, 1/2 teaspoon cardamom, 1/4 teaspoon cloves, and 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper. If you want you can also steep a black te a in the milk before using it.
Buttercream Chocolate Frosting:
1 cup Butter, softened
4 cups powdered sugar (one pound)
3/4 cup Cocoa Powder
3 teaspoons vanilla
1-2 tablespoons of milk.
1. Combine the powdered sugar and cocoa powder in mixing bowl. Mix on low until combined.
2. Add 2 sticks (1 cup) softened butter and 3 teaspoons vanilla, mix until thoroughly combined
3. Add milk 1tb at a time until the correct consistency is reached.
Last edited on Mon Feb 11th, 2019 09:07 am by boojum