So, the local grocery store was selling 1.5" thick bone in pork loin chops with a lovely layer of fat for $0.88/pound in a bulk pack. There were about 8 chops per pack. 7 of the chops I vacuume packed and put in the freezer for later. This is what I did with the remaining chop.
1. Rubbed a bit of olive oil on both sides, then seasoned both sides with some omnivore salt and some black pepper (fairly liberally, since this is all the seasoning it will get.) I then let the chop sit for 20 minutes to let the seasons soak in.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
3. Heat iron skillet to smoking HOT.
4. Sear each side of the chop for 2 minutes.
5. Move skillet to oven, leave for 15 minutes.
6. Tested temp (145 degrees F on interior of chop) and moved to a plate to rest for 5 minutes.