Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Jun 8th, 2017 12:19 am
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
shadowcat-x
Administrator

Mana: 
I'll be honest. . . I hate beans in pretty much every way, shape or form, but Boojum loves the way these turned out and asked me to post the recipe. I came up with this recipe, which was based mostly on stuff we had lying around, and partially on a few recipes I found on the internet. All measurements are approximate. Your mileage may vary. Subject to change without notice.

Ingredients:
A couple handsful of fresh greenbeans, with the ends snipped and cut into 2in. lengths
A couple tablespoons of bacon grease
A couple teaspoons of pureed ginger
A couple tablespoons of soy sauce
A couple shakes of hot pepper flakes
1/2 red onion, coarsely chopped

Heat the bacon grease in a skillet and sautee the onions, ginger, soy sauce and hot pepper flakes until the onions are translucent. Set aside (this can be done in advance and saved for later)

Put greenbeans in a pan with just enough water to cover and boil for about 3 minutes. Rinse the greenbeans with cold water to stop the cooking process.

Throw the greenbeans and sauteed onions into a skillet to sautee for another four minutes together. Add another spoonful of bacon grease if things are looking a little dry.

Personally, I thought the sauce was plenty salty with the soy sauce and all, but Boojum added more salt, so when the four minutes are up, salt to taste.

"If you could find some way to be
    a little bit less afraid of me,
    you'd see the voices that control me
    from inside my head say I shouldn't kill you yet"
    Skullcrusher Mountain--John Coulton

Posted: Thu Jun 8th, 2017 03:33 pm
      PMQuoteReply
    2nd Post
    boojum
    boojum

Mana: 
    The bunny giggles... "I made ShadowCat-X include this in the recipes section so I can make it later on. They were SOOOoooo good! The greenbeans came from my runner bean plant in the backyard!"

Boojum

Current time is 04:50 pm

The Warren > Reviews > Recipes > Greenbeans I didn't eat

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems
    Page processed in 0.0757 seconds (22% database + 78% PHP). 26 queries executed.