Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Jan 12th, 2015 06:57 am
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
boojum
boojum

Mana: 
Once upon a time there was a bunny who liked the nicer things in life. A quiet spot, a fable to read, and a pot of warming tea. In his wanders, and as such stories go, he came across a tiny shop. In the window of the shop was a porcelain bowl, drenched in warm color that overflowed it's edges to leave trails down it's white sides. The bowl was full of fragrant leaves and blossoms, and behind the bowl rested an open book whose pages showed fables from his childhood.

The tiny shop was a tea shop, and the shopkeeper made the bunny an offer. Give to me a small sum of money and I will bestow upon you a teapot and three mugs painted with images of these stories. I will also brew for you stories in teas. There will be heroes and villains and romance bound in a bouquet of flavors and scents.

So the bunny gave over the sum requested, and he waited as the shopkeeper prepared for him the Teapot and the mugs and the teas. Then, early in the new year, she sent him a letter to tell him the stories were ready and would soon arrive. Today is that day and the teapot, the mugs, and the teas shall soon arrive. In this thread I will share with you the stories that they tell.

Tea Maker: http://www.shop.looseleafspot.com/main.sc
Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/775056004/loose-leaf-tea-sip-and-slip-into-the-leaves-of-a-s

The stories and teas:
Beauty and the Beast
Chandelles D'or - a rooibos-Darjeeling blend
Verte Rose - Green-Black blend with rose hints and an undercurrent of cherry.
Mechante Fee - a malty black tea with a mischevious spice kick.

Cinderella
Glass Slipper - Chamomile Mint blend
Midnight Waltz - Orange Pekoe
Noble Twist - Earl Grey with a lemon highlight

Little Mermaid
Sweet Daydream - Sencha Green Tea with a full bodies Strawberry taste and Papaya undercurrents.
Red Sky in the Morning - Black tea with full-bodied peach and apricot blend.
Little Mermaid Villain Tea - Combination of several black teas.

Last edited on Mon Jan 12th, 2015 07:01 am by boojum

Posted: Tue Jan 13th, 2015 01:14 am
  PMQuoteReply
2nd Post
Vargr
Vargr

Mana: 
Mmmm! Vrghr just had a lovely cup of the Midnight Waltz for breakfast today, with its wonderful berry aroma and flavors mixed with the bold black tea. Delicious flavor, and the scent filled the office. YUM!

Wuff didn't get the teapot or mugs with his, but the teas smell heavenly! Can't wait to try them all!

Posted: Wed Jan 21st, 2015 02:28 am
  PMQuoteReply
3rd Post
boojum
boojum

Mana: 
The bunny dances happily about the room! "My tea is here! I my lovely, lovely tea!!! and my lovely, lovely tea pot! and my lovely, lovely tea cups!!!"

Posted: Wed Jan 21st, 2015 05:26 pm
  PMQuoteReply
4th Post
Vargr
Vargr

Mana: 
What a lovely photo of your delivery! Delightful and whimsical paintings on the cups and pots!

Wuff has only ordered the teas from them, but have received all the packages shown there. So far, Vargr has only sampled 4 of them: Noble Twist, Dark Abyss, Melted Heart and Mechante Fee.

Universally, these are all fantastic cups! Each very distinctive, unique flavors, but all have lovely tea foundations to complement any additional flavors. The Dark Abyss, which is probably the closest to a "pure tea" that wuff has sampled so far, brings lovely aromas and complex flavors just from the combination of tea itself.

All told, wuff is VERY happy with this offer, and so happy he supported their development.

And, for those who wish to purchase some of this delightful product, you can order them from their website:
http://www.Shop.LooseLeafSpot.com

Posted: Wed Jan 21st, 2015 05:38 pm
  PMQuoteReply
5th Post
Vargr
Vargr

Mana: 
Name: Mechante Fee

Loose Leaf Spot

http://www.shop.LooseLeafSpot.com

From the package: "A malty black tea with a mischievous spice kick."

The package description is very accurate! Bold and robust black tea foundation, with hints of malt. At fist impression, this is slightly reminiscent of Chai tea. Unlike a traditional Chai, which frequently features pungent cinnamon, cardamom, and other sharp spice flavors, the spices in Mechante Fee are more subtle and much more complex.

There are an assortment of sweet spices, but a surprising addition of savory and warm spices too! They include cumin and curry. Sweet Fennel is another surprising inclusion.

The spice combination works VERY well together! They complement the bold black teas with complex and harmonious counterpoints and support. The aroma of the brewed cup is subtle but pleasing.

All together, this is a wonderful variation on a spiced Chai, and this wuff really enjoys this version! Subtle, complex, and immensely satisfying. A good "drinking tea" throughout the day, but complex and flavorful enough to sit and contemplate when you're in the mood for that.

Recommended!

Posted: Wed Jan 21st, 2015 05:49 pm
  PMQuoteReply
6th Post
Vargr
Vargr

Mana: 
Name: Melted Heart

Loose Leaf Spot

From the package: "A black tea with a buttery caramel flavor and a hint of vanilla."

Once again, the package description is highly accurate. A smooth but solid black tea foundation supports a powerful sweet and buttery caramel construction. Floral notes blend to reinforce the sweet, rich caramel flavors.

Per the ingredients, this tea includes actual bits of butterscotch pieces! Note, unlike some teas, this one loses a bit when re-brewed for a second cup. Still flavorful, but not quite as much caramel/butter flavor.

This tea has quite a strong aroma of caramel and vanilla when brewed. Notably sweet by itself, an extra touch of sugar and a splash of table cream turns what begins as a lovely cup on its own, into a luscious, rich dessert in a cup!

Perhaps a little too sweet to be a "drinking tea" throughout the day, this cup is best enjoyed at the conclusion of a meal, or when relaxing before a warm fire, like a cup of hot chocolate.

A true indulgence when mixed with cream and slightly sweetened! Lovely, lush, rich, and comforting!

Recommended!

Posted: Wed Jan 21st, 2015 06:55 pm
  PMQuoteReply
7th Post
boojum
boojum

Mana: 
Name: Sweet Daydream

Loose Leaf Spot

From the package: "Green tea with a strawberry flavor & papaya undercurrents."

The package says to steep the tea for 2-4 minutes.    This is not a lie!    Sweet Daydream is a delicate tea with an almost palette cleansing strawberry/papaya flavor.    If you let it steep for two long then the flavor starts to turn darker.   

When you drink this tea, you feel the wash of flavor across the roof and sides of the mouth while the tongue tastes the delicate green tea.    It truly fills your mouth with it's flavor.    I would recommend drinking this tea with tiny savory nibbles!  It would make them taste so GOOD!

If you like having hot tea with meals, then I highly recommend this tea to you!

Posted: Wed Jan 21st, 2015 11:39 pm
  PMQuoteReply
8th Post
Melchar
Administrator

Mana: 
        <<bookmarks this!>>

Have you tried the 'dark abyss' yet?  Of the 15 on the page, this looks like the one that will suck me in.  Although the 'melted heart' looks tempting.

Posted: Fri Jan 23rd, 2015 06:19 pm
  PMQuoteReply
9th Post
boojum
boojum

Mana: 
Name: Glass Slipper

Loose Leaf Spot

From the package: "A Chamomile-mint blend both refreshing & relaxing"

The light tea has just a hint of mint to brighten the slightly musty Chamomile flavor. It really brightens the tea up. This tea reminds me of sitting inside of a warm house looking outside at cold weather. It feels like a tea for sitting and relaxing with, possibly while reading a book.

Posted: Sun Jan 25th, 2015 05:41 am
  PMQuoteReply
10th Post
Melchar
Administrator

Mana: 
          At the Gaea game, Boojum shared some of his delightful teas with us and I had the opportunity to sample 3 of them [drunk straight with no sweeteners or other flavorings]:

Mechante fee - which was a very nice dark tea with faint spicy flavors in the brew.  Unlike the cinnamon/clove tea I usually have, this had a warmer flavor and the spice smelled much stronger than it tasted in the tea.  It was a very good, strong tea.

Noble Twist - was also a black tea.  It had a strong aroma of citrus, but again, did not overwhelm the taste of the tea.

Melted Heart - a 3rd black tea [hey, I really like black teas ^_^] that possibly smelled the best of the 3 because it smelled like hot toffee, caramel and tea.  It tasted warm and buttery and sweet without being sweet.  Of the 3, I liked this one the best and that surprised me.  I had thought I would like the
Mechante fee most.

One thing I *really* liked was that there was no harshness or bitterness in any of these teas.  I liked all of them and would try them again.

Posted: Sun Jan 25th, 2015 06:42 am
  PMQuoteReply
11th Post
gilrandir
Gilrandir

Mana: 
Boojum also shared his teas with me and asked that I review them.

Mechante Fee -- A traditional -- even conventional -- black tea. I do not ordinarily care for 'spicy teas', so I was cautious when reading ingredients like 'cinnamon, curry, ...' etc. However, this tea proved to be straightforward and agreeable and tasting (to me) of tea, and not a host of other ingredients. So, I liked it, but an educated palate might consider themselves cheated.

Noble Twist -- This didn't seem at all strong to me. It was agreeable and light, not sweet, but also not bitter. Very smooth and refreshing. The citrus only came through to me as an aftertaste, and only on the third sip. My favorite of the three teas I tasted.

Melted Heart -- A stronger and somewhat bitter tea. The label promised it included bits of butterscotch, and that was readily apparent in the aroma of the tea, but not the taste. A pleasant experience, but not particularly noteworthy. I think that this is the tea I would be most interested in turning into a 'dessert tea' by adding large amounts of sweetener.

Posted: Mon Jan 26th, 2015 03:37 pm
  PMQuoteReply
12th Post
boojum
boojum

Mana: 
Name: Mechante Fee

Loose Leaf Spot

From the package: "A malty black tea with a mischievous spice kick."

One of Loose Leaf Spot's villain teas, I would call this a breakfast tea.    For me it has a strong flavor that reminds me a bit of morning coffee back when I had to drink it.    It is a complex flavor with a slightly bitter underlay (like the bitter heart of an evil villain) mingled with the spices.    It is one I would definitely drink again, but a tea I feel is best drunk alone rather than with other foods.

Recommended if you like strong teas.

Last edited on Mon Jan 26th, 2015 03:50 pm by boojum

Posted: Mon Jan 26th, 2015 03:42 pm
  PMQuoteReply
13th Post
boojum
boojum

Mana: 
Name: Noble Twist

Loose Leaf Spot

From the package: "Noble Twist is a classic Earl Grey with a citrus highlight."

This has to be one of the smoothest dark teas that I have every tried.    There is practically no bitterness, just a wonderfully smooth flavor of tea that has somehow been mellowed and tamed.    I agree with Gil that there was really no citrus flavor until the end, almost as a lingering reminder.    Even then it is just a hint, rather than tasking like citrus. Highly Recommended.   I would drink this tea with any meal as well as while relaxing and reading a book.    I would list this tea as a daily drinker, one to have some each day.

Last edited on Mon Jan 26th, 2015 03:49 pm by boojum

Posted: Mon Jan 26th, 2015 03:46 pm
  PMQuoteReply
14th Post
boojum
boojum

Mana: 
Name: Melted Heart

Loose Leaf Spot

From the package: "Melted Heart is a black tea with a buttery caramel flavor and finish with a hint of vanilla."

I am of mixed mind with this tea...    and am going to have to try it prepared a different way.    When I brewed the tea it filled the room with a wonderful butterscotch scent that had my mouth watering...  but when I tasted it the promise of Butterscotch in the flavor of tea somehow didn't some through and I am not sure why.    I think it was a lack of fat.   I am going to need to brew this again and try it with a bit of milk or cream to see if that improved the experience for me.   Mind you, it's not a BAD tea, but somehow it's scent seemed to promise more than it delivered in the pot I made at Friday's Tea Party.

Wait until I try it again with some milk and I will post again my feeling on this tea.  :)

Last edited on Mon Jan 26th, 2015 03:50 pm by boojum

Posted: Mon Jan 26th, 2015 03:55 pm
  PMQuoteReply
15th Post
boojum
boojum

Mana: 
The Tea Party

And so, on Friday, the bunny finally got to have his Tea Party.    Into a paper bag went his collection of loose leaf teas as well as the brewing ball he was sent.    Into his Car went his precious pot, decorated with scenes from favorite fairy tales of old.    Then down the road he puttered to join with his friends for an afternoon of playing and drinking tea.

Two of his friends joined him in tasting his tea, and both proclaimed that they enjoyed the teas he brought.    "With any luck."  The rabbit thought to himself.  "I can bring more tea with me to the next game for us all to share!   Now wouldn't that be a wonderful thing?"

Boojum

Posted: Fri Jan 30th, 2015 01:33 am
  PMQuoteReply
16th Post
Melchar
Administrator

Mana: 
         <<Actually, we had our tea at Paul's place on Saturday  ^_^  ... unless you're planning for -tomorrow-, Friday.>>

Posted: Mon Feb 2nd, 2015 02:47 am
  PMQuoteReply
17th Post
boojum
boojum

Mana: 
The bunny giggles and says, "Another weekend, another Tea Party. This time we had tea from Loose Tea Spot's Hansel and Gretel teas, which are going on sale Febuary 1st!"

Posted: Mon Feb 2nd, 2015 02:49 am
  PMQuoteReply
18th Post
boojum
boojum

Mana: 
Name: Witches Brew

Loose Leaf Spot

From the package: "A black tea with a lightly sweet cinnamon flavor."

Oh gosh, this is one of my favorite teas from Loose Leaf Spot. It has a rich cinnamon scent and flavor that adds a wonderful complexity to the tea. This is a tea that I intend to drink by itself just to enjoy the flavor of the blend. For those who like to rebrew, however, it looses a lot of the complexity in the second steeping. However the tea is good enough that I want it for the FIRST steeping!

Posted: Mon Feb 2nd, 2015 02:52 am
  PMQuoteReply
19th Post
boojum
boojum

Mana: 
Name: Raspberry Truffle

Loose Leaf Spot

From the package: "Chocolate Flavor floods your mouth with a clean raspberry finish."

This tea has a WONDERFUL mix of sweet and tart. The raspberry flavor is quite pronounced and makes the flavors very interesting. The tea is a mixture of Rooibos and Black Tea, with Mallow petals and Raspberry pieces.

For me, this is definitely a dessert tea to be drunk after a meal! That will be my favorite way to have it.

Posted: Mon Feb 2nd, 2015 02:55 am
  PMQuoteReply
20th Post
boojum
boojum

Mana: 
Name: Lemon Drop

Loose Leaf Spot

From the package: "A sweet lemon flavor that lingers in your mouth like a melted lemon drop."

This tea really DOES taste like a lemon drop! *giggle* It is sweet and sour and lemony! I can already feel this is going to become a favorite dinner tea, to be enjoyed with a meal where the lemon drop flavor will help clear your mouth. It is a mixture of Rooibos, Catendula petals, and lemon grass leaves.

Posted: Tue Feb 3rd, 2015 12:45 am
  PMQuoteReply
21st Post
gilrandir
Gilrandir

Mana: 
My review(s):

Witch's Brew: A strong black tea. The aroma of cinnamon is pronounced but not overpowering. The taste is all tea, though. Not my favorite, but certainly something I would drink and enjoy if it were offered.

Raspberry Truffle: Not 'all tea'. The fruity aroma here is overpowering. This is a tea that probably suits many people looking for an "herbal infusion", but it is not my cup of tea. :)

Lemon Drop: This is a light smooth tea with a powerful lemon in the 'present taste', not the aftertaste. It started off pleasant, but I became disenchanted with it before I had finished the cup. Pleasant enough, and probably a very good "sore throat" tea, but given the choice I think that this is a flawed execution of the same concept (but superior execution) found in Noble Twist.

Posted: Wed Feb 4th, 2015 12:30 am
  PMQuoteReply
22nd Post
Melchar
Administrator

Mana: 
         Another chance to have tea ... and ...

This time I had only 2 of the 3 teas.  I liked the brewed scents of both Witch's Brew & Raspberry Truffle.

Witch's Brew had by far and away the best scent - very heavy with cinnamon and it tasted like a good black tea.  I liked it quite a lot.

The scent of Raspberry Truffle was wonderfully fruity with a touch of chocolate, but it tasted [to me] very strongly of raspberries and hardly of chocolate at all.  It was still quite nice, but kinda made me want to be drinking it with Oreos [or something else chocolate-y] - and since I _had_ Oreos there  ^_^ I enjoyed it.

Current time is 05:23 pm

The Warren > Reviews > Tea > Loose Leaf Tea Spot

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1886 seconds (14% database + 86% PHP). 26 queries executed.