Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Jun 24th, 2012 03:44 am
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
boojum
boojum

Mana: 
    As Shadowcat-X and I drove home from celebrating my birthday in Reno, we took the long route home due to traffic...  and ran across a gem in the Sierra Mountains just oustide of Auburn.

The Sierra Grill Smokehouse (http://www.sierragrillsmokehouse.com/Home.html) where the food is plentifull, the staff is friendly, and the desserts hand made.   I HIGHLY reccomend this to anyone crossing over the Sierra's...  and the next time Vargr comes out and has time, ShadowCat-X and I are going to see if we can drag him there.   It's only a 2 hour drive each way.  :D

I had their smoked chicken with two sides..   and had some of the most succulent chicken I've ever had.    ShadowCat-X, on the other hand, had their "The Caveman" sandwich..  a pile of smoked brisket with melted jack and cheddar cheese and BBQ sauce on a toasted hoagie.

Make sure you leave some room for dessert because the Smokehouse has their own Pastry Chef, and he has some WONDERFUL creations.  I had their Peach Cobbler with vanilla ice cream while ShadowCat-X had their Double Chocolate Brownie A La Mode.   I can not describe to you how flavorfull the peach cobbler was.   It was baked in it's own bowl with it's own crust, full of peaches and cinnamon and brown sugar and oh gosh it was good!

Boojum

Current time is 12:48 am

The Warren > Reviews > Restaurant > Sierra Grill Smokehouse

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1288 seconds (10% database + 90% PHP). 27 queries executed.